Apr 08, 2012 | Dan Thompson | 302 views
Alumni Continue To Shine In College Conference Play
ALUMNI CONTINUE TO SHINE IN COLLEGE CONFERENCE PLAY
* Tyler Patzalek (pictured) had nine hits, twelve RBI and scored seven runs as the University of Maine opened America East conference play with a sweep of UMBC.
* In other America East action slugger Tanner Nivins was 2-3 with two RBI and two runs scored in a 9-2 Stony Brook win over the Bearcats. In game one of the series shortstop Cole Peragine scored the winning run in a 2-1 victory.
The Seawolves are 19-8 on the season.
* Canisius right handed starter Billy Martin recorded the victory in game three over MAAC conference rival Rider. The Golden Griffs swept the weekend series. Lefty alumni Nathan Linseman leads the staff with thirteen appearances and has a 3.38 ERA.
* David Head continues to swing a hot bat and had hits in all three of NE Colorado's wins over perennial conference powerhouse Lamar. Winning three of four has put the Plainsmen at the top of the Empire Conference.
* Catcher Brent Mitchell homered again this weekend and also drove in two runs in a 7-5 Jaguars loss to No.30 FAU.
* Right handed work horse Matt Betts now leads the University of West Alabama Tigers in appearances with seventeen. The Tigers are 9-6 so far in conference play.
* Tavis Bruce leads the UBC Thunderbird staff with a 2.53 ERA. He is 4-1, has pitched 46.1 innings and opponents are hitting a paltry .220 The T-Birds are 19-13 overall with a 12-9 conference record.