May 28, 2012 | Dan Thompson | 362 views
Cal Quantrill Earns Scholarship To Stanford University
Right handed pitcher Cal Quantrill has capped off the remarkable run he has had over the past two years by earning a scholarship to Stanford University.
Cal had several offers from numerous top ranked NCAA D1 universities.
He had also been offered a roster spot at select Ivy League schools. After visiting the beautiful California campus and meeting with the Cardinal coaches it did not take him long to make his decision to commit to the nation’s top institution that combines academics and athletics.
The Cardinal play in the PAC 12 Conference.
Cal's talents are certainly not limited to his baseball abilities alone. He is a remarkable young man with an outgoing personality on and off the field. He competes hard, and has an unrelenting desire to succeed at whatever he puts his mind to. Scholastically, Cal is an excellent student, recently scoring the highest SAT in the history of the Terriers program. Stanford is a terrific fit for Cal and we congratulate he and his family on this tremendous accomplishment.
More about Cal...
* Pitched the championship final game in Nashville last summer when the 17u Terriers won the World Series
* Pitched and recorded the win in the gold medal game at the 2011 Baseball Canada Cup National Championship in New Brunswick
* Helped Canada's Junior National Team qualify for the 2012 World Championship which will be held in Korea this fall
* Pitched a total of 15 innings versus Mexico and Team USA, and did not allow an earned run at the Junior World Qualifier tournament in Columbia
* Cal will be studying engineering at Stanford
* Opened in 1891 and is located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of Silicon Valley
* Stanford has won the Director's Cup, which honors the most successful program in NCAA D1 sports, the last 17 years.
* In 2011 Stanford won 3 National Championships, extending to 35 the number of years it has had at least one national championship.
* Between 1976 and 2008 Stanford grads have won 127 Olympic Medals (59 Gold, 44 Silver, 24 Bronze)
* Stanford has had 89 players play in the MLB
* Stanford has appeared in the College World Series 16 times and have claimed the title twice