Feb 17, 2013 | Dan Thompson | 337 views
Alumni Off And Running As College Baseball Season Opens
The NCAA College Baseball season opened this past weekend and several Terrier alumni were in lineups all over the United States.
* Catcher Brent Mitchell had 2 RBI in the University of South Alabama's season opening 7-6 victory over SFAU. The Jaguars are 3-0.
* Stony Brook traveled south to Miami to open the 2013 campaign. Shortstop Cole Peragine had 3 hits, 2 stolen bases and an RBI in game one at FIU.
* Chicago State shortstop Mattingly Romanin was 3 for 6 with 2 RBI and a run scored in the Cougars first two games at Alabama State.
* Brian Doran was 1-4 in the University of Maine opener versus the Auburn Tigers. The Black Bears fell 8-4.
* Turner Spears had seven assists at 2B in UBC's 7-5 win over Cal Lutheran in Thousand Oaks California.
* In NJCAA D1 action Robert Grilli singled and had 2 RBI in a Bruins victory over Cochise College. Salt Lake College is off to a 6-4 start.
Best of luck to all of our alumni this season.