Apr 07, 2013 | Dan Thompson | 226 views
Mountford's Heroics Lift Bulldogs
Jordan Mountford's two run walk off home run capped a huge Bryant University comeback this past week in NCAA D1 NE Conference action.
After winning game one of their double header over Sienna College, the Bulldogs rallied from an 8-0 deficit in game two for an 11-9 win.
Trailing 9-8, heading into the seventh inning, the Bulldogs scratched to tie the game up, setting the stage for Terrier alumni Jordan Mountford's heroics.
The big lefty stepped in and demolished a 1-1 offering from Sienna closer Neil Fryer over the right-center field wall for the walk off victory.
Jordan is having an outstanding sophomore year. He has 25 hits, 22 runs scored and his SLG% is .402
* Last week in Philadelphia righthander Eric Hall picked up the win in a 6-1 Chicago State Cougar victory over LaSalle University. He allowed just four hits.
Eric got some help from fellow alumni Mattingly Romanin who chipped in with a double. Mattingly leads the Cougars offensively with a .324 average. He also has 16 RBIs.
* Matt Betts continues to pitch well in relief for the University of West Alabama. Matt has his ERA down to 1.80
* In his first year back from Tommy John surgery, Lucas Scocchia has thrown 10 innings for the Oakland University Golden Grizzlies. Lucas has struck out 10 and opponents are hitting just .261
* UBC's Turner Spears has his average up to .318 for the 15-9 Thunderbirds. The second baseman has accounted for 36 assists in the field. The T-Birds have won 8 of their last 9.
* Brian Doran had 3 hits, 2 runs scored and 2 RBI in a University of Maine sweep of the Binghamton Bearcats. Maine leads the America East with an 8-3 conference record.