Feb 23, 2014 | Dan Thompson | 224 views
The College Beat
In NCAA D1 action Terrier alumni Geoff Seto was 3-4 with two RBI and a run scored in Niagara University's 8-7 win over NC Central this past weekend.
The Purple Eagles took three of four games in Durham. Geoff had six hits in the series, and was outstanding defensively at shortstop.
* Freshman outfielder Toby Handley recorded his first career college hit for the Stony Brook Seawolves at Florida International University on Saturday.
* #16 Clemson swept a three game series from the University of Maine in South Carolina. Brian Doran had four hits and two RBIs for the Black Bears.
* RHP Eric Hall and Mattingly Romanin helped lead the Chicago State Cougars to a 14-5 victory over Savannah State. Eric went four innings on the mound, allowed just two hits and one run. Mattingly was 2-5 with a walk and a run scored. He was 5-13 in the weekend series.
* Shortstop Robert Grilli was 2-5 in Salt Lake's 10-4 win over the College of Southern Nevada. The Bruins are 8-6 on the year and Robert is second on the team with a .324 average.
RHP TJ Baker has a sparkling 1.80 ERA for the Bruins and opponents are hitting just .176
* Bruce Yari is off to a torrid start for the UBC Thunderbirds. Bruce is hitting .381 and has a slugging % of .524 in seven games. UBC is 4-3 on the young season.