Feb 17, 2015 | Dan Thompson | 359 views
College Round Up
The 2015 College Baseball season kicked off this past week.
Here is an update on how Terrier alumni players started their campaigns.
* Bruce Yari of the UBC Thunderbirds is picking up where he left off last year, swinging a very hot bat. After the first two weeks of the young season Bruce is hitting .409, 18 hits, 19 RBI and a SLG% of .705
He also has six doubles and a home run.
* The Maine Black Bears dropped their first three games to Milwaukee this past weekend, but SR outfielder Brian Doran got off to a great start at the plate going 6 for 11.
Maine picked up their first victory in game four on Sunday. Brian had two RBI in a 6-4 win.
* RHP Cal Quantrill was honored with opening day duties on the mound for the Stanford Cardinal. Cal got a no decision versus the Indiana Hoosiers. He went 5.2 innings, struck out six and allowed just one run.
* Cole Peragine of the Stony Brook University Seawolves had the big hit in their 6-0 opening day victory over Nicholls State. Leading 2-0 in the fifth Cole stepped in and delivered a two RBI double down the right field line to make the score 4-0. Cole would also score later in the inning.
Outfielder Toby Handley also scored for the Seawolves.
* Lefty Zach Sloan came out of the bullpen for the Canisius Golden Griffins and struck out the only batter he faced in the Griffs 8-4 loss to Maryland.
* David Head of the Northern Kentucky Norse was 2-4 and 2-5 (.364) in an opening weekend double header split with Campbell University.
* Infielder Mattingly Romanin of the Chicago State Cougars was 3-5 in a 10-8 loss to Charleston Southern. In game two, Mattingly had 4 RBI in a 12-11 Cougar loss.
* Scrappy shortstop Geoff Seto of the Niagara University Purple Eagles had two hits opening day at the Governors Challenge in Clarkesville TN.