Mar 02, 2015 | Dan Thompson | 318 views
College Round Up
We are three weeks into the college baseball season. Here is a look at how Terrier alumni fared this past week.
* The UBC Thunderbirds ran their record to 13-5 with a 3-1 win over #20 The Masters College Mustangs. First baseman Bruce Yari was the hero in the victory. With the scored tied 1-1 in the eighth, Bruce stepped in and laced an RBI double to right field. He scored later in the inning.
UBC also beat #24 Redlands in a non-conference game this past week.
Bruce had an RBI in the 3-0 win. He is hitting. 355 and leads the TBIRDS with 22 RBI.
* TJ Baker sports a 1.69 ERA for the Salt Lake College Bruins. Opponents are hitting just. 227 off the 6'6" RHP. The Bruins are 9-6.
* Cal Quantrill had another outstanding outing Friday night for the Stanford Cardinal. Cal went seven innings in a 5-3 win over #11 Rice. Cal struck out seven.
* Catcher Cole Peragine of the Stony Brook Seawolves had five hits in a three game series versus #1 Florida Gators this past weekend. After a tough 1-0 loss in the opener, the Gators went on to sweep the three game set.
* David Head had a great week at the plate and has brought his average up to. 310 for Northern Kentucky University.