Mar 30, 2015 | Dan Thompson | 317 views
College Round Up
ERIC HALL LEADS COUGARS TO WIN
* The Chicago State University Cougars won their home opener by a 3-1 margin this past weekend. The Cougars were lead by Terrier alumni RHP Eric Hall and infielder Mattingly Romanin .
Eric got the start on the mound, and was outstanding through eight innings of work versus powerhouse Grand Canyon University. Hall scattered just seven hits and struck out three.
Mattingly recorded the clutch game winning RBI, a single up the middle.
* First baseman Bruce Yari of the UBC Thunderbirds dominated Oregon Tech pitching Saturday in a double header sweep (13-7, 9-6).
The Thunderbirds over came a 6-0 deficit in game one, powered by Yari's grand slam. Bruce was 3-5 in the game with 3 runs scored and 4 RBI. He also had a double in the game two victory.
* Northern Kentucky's David Head was swinging a hot bat in two wins over Xavier Saturday. David was 2-5 in the Norse 7-4 win and had two more hits in a 10-3 victory. David had a homer, 3 RBI and 3 runs scored. He is hitting. 319 in 21 games.
* Catcher Joel Brophy of the Niagara University Purple Eagles has caught fire at the plate. He has raised his average to. 293 and has a. 434 OB%. Joel has started 13 of 16 behind the plate for Niagara.
* Toby Handley and Cole Peragine helped the Stony Brook Seawolves to an 8-4 win over Sacred Heart on Wednesday. The Seawolves scored seven runs in the bottom of the first, capped by a Handley two RBI single. Toby has hit safely in eight of his past nine games.
Hitting lead off, Peragine was 2-2 plus two walks and has a team high. 462 OB%