Apr 16, 2015 | Dan Thompson | 270 views
College Round Up
TOBY HANDLEY WINS AMERICA EASTS HONOURS
April 14, 2015
Sophomore Toby Handley was named America East Conference Player of the Week after he produced six hits in eleven at bats this past weekend. Handley went 4-7 in a 13 inning, 8-5 Stony Brook victory over the Maine Black Bears. He also had three runs scored and an RBI. The RBI was the game winning run in the top of the 13th. The center fielder also gunned out a runner at home in the bottom of the 8th that would have given Maine a 5-4 lead.
Toby then went 2-4 in game two with an RBI triple in the 7th that provided some insurance in a 3-1 win.
The Seawolves are 9-2 in conference play.
More Alumni Updates...
* Catcher Zack Sardelitti is hitting. 416 for Davenport University. He has 36 RBI and a. 596 SLG%. On the defensive side he leads the team in put outs with 155 and has an excellent. 988 FLD%
* TJ Baker sports a 1.23 ERA for the Salt Lake Bruins
* Jordan Mountford has hit 4 homers for the Bryant University Bulldogs. He leads the team in RBIs (18) and stolen bases (9). He is hitting .269 and has a .505 SLG%
* Bruce Yari leads the UBC Thunderbirds in batting average (.370), RBIs (36) and at bats (165). Bruce has smacked 6 home runs and has played all 43 games for the 32-11 T-Birds.
* Corner man David Head has his average up to. 309 for Northern Kentucky University. He is second on the team in put outs with 99.
* RHP Travis Laitar has an impressive 2.19 ERA for the Cortland Red Dragons. He has struck out 16 and opponents are hitting just .159
Cortland is 23-2 overall and 8-1 early in their conference season.