College Round Up.... Week 2
Submitted By Dan Thompson on Monday, February 29, 2016
* Shortstop Geoff Seto and catcher Joel Brophy lead the Niagara Purple Eagles to a 12-11 win over NC Central on Sunday. Geoff smacked a home run, scored three runs, had three RBI and three walks in the Niagara victory. He is hitting. 273 on the young season.
Team mate Joel Brophy is hitting. 320. He had a hit, two walks and two runs scored in the win in wild 12-11 game.
* TJ Baker transferred from NJCAA D1 Salt Lake City College to NCAA D1 St.
Bonaventure. TJ made his university debut on the mound for the Bonnies in an 8-1 win. He tossed 1.2 innings and had a strike out.
* RHP Matt Beaton has a sparkling 1.50 ERA in six appearances for Eastern Michigan. The Eagles are 4-5.
* The Canisius Golden Griffins came away with a 5-4 win versus Fordham University on Saturday. DH Liam Wilson had a hit, RBI and run scored in the Griffin win. Liam is a NJCAA D1 transfer from NE Colorado.
* Luke Tevlin had an RBI single for Binghamton University on Sunday, but it wasn't enough as the Bearcats fell to UNC Greensboro.
* Toby Handley is batting. 304 after six games for the Stony Brook Seawolves. Toby has seven hits, seven runs scored and six walks. Toby is also flashing the leather in center field. He has made twenty put outs for a perfect 1.000 fld%
* UBC swept the weekend series from Simpson University. Bruce Yari lead the way again offensively for the Thunderbirds. In the game one 5-3 win Bruce was 2-2 with a run, RBI and three walks. Yari was a perfect 4-4 in game two while smashing a homer and counting two RBI. UBC won that one 9-3. In the finale Bruce was 2-5 in an 8-2 UBC victory.
This article has been viewed 203 times.