Mar 06, 2016 | Dan Thompson | 219 views
College Round Up..... Week 3
* Despite a four- hit performance by Terrier alumni CF Toby Handley and 11 hits as a squad, the Stony Brook Seawolves fell 5-4 to Bowling Green University in the final game of the Elon Tournament in North Carolina.
Handley led the Seawolves with a season - high four hits, including a pair of doubles. He also scored twice and drove in a run. Toby has now reached base safely in ten straight games this season and twenty straight dating back to the final ten games of 2015.
* Catcher/ DH Jacob Sims has helped lead the Roane State Raiders to six consecutive victories in NJCAA D1 action. Sims has racked up 9 hits, 8 runs and 9 RBI during the streak.
* Freshman catcher Kyle MacDonald is hitting in the four hole for Crowder College. Kyle has 10 RBI, 2 homers and a. 403 SLG%.
* Righty Matt Beaton has made five appearances for the Eastern Michigan Eagles. Opponents are hitting a paltry. 172 off Matt.
* Bruce Yari continues to rack up big offensive numbers for the UBC Thunderbirds. Bruce is now 31-69 (.449) with 6 doubles, 2 triples and 3 home runs. He has 17 RBI and a. 573 OB%.
* The Maine Black Bears are 3-6 on the season. Speedy outfielder Jake Osborne is hitting. 286
* Shortstop Luke Tevlin had a hit and 2 RBI for the Binghamton Bearcats in their 15-10 victory over VMI on the weekend.
* The Canisius Golden Griffins scored six runs through the first six innings and went on to defeat Campbell 7-4. Liam Wilson was 1-3 with a run scored.
* Geoff Seto was 2-4 including a double in a Niagara Purple Eagles 5-4 loss to Notre Dame on Sunday.