Feb 25, 2018 | Dan Thompson | 348 views
College Round-Up Week 2
* Liam Wilson continues to swing a hot bat for the Canisius Golden Griffins. The Griffs swept three games from Western Carolina in Cullowhee, NC with 15-4, 9-0 and 12-11 victories over the weekend. Liam had seven RBI and scored seven runs in the three game set.
* Luke Tevlin smacked two hits, including a double in a 10-6 Binghamton University loss to the Liberty Flames. The Bearcats dropped two of three in Lynchburg to the six and one Flames.
In an America East pre-season coaches poll the Bearcats got the most first place votes and are favoured to win the conference.
* Slugger Kyle MacDonald was one for four with a walk and two runs scored in a mid week Arkansas State 7-6 walk off victory over Southeast Missouri. The Redwolves are two and two.
* The Niagara University Purple Eagles dropped two of three versus Longwood University in Farmville Virginia on the weekend. Purple Eagles catcher Joe Tevlin cracked a double for his first hit of the young season in a series opening Niagara University win. He also scored and notched an RBI. Joe had another hit in the finale, a tough 5-4 loss.
* Zarley Cina's ESU Warriors were in Virginia for the Dinwiddie Challenge this past weekend. It was a four game series of which the Warriors won all four. They had 23-4 and 6-4 victories over the College of Saint Rose Golden Knights, a 17-2 win over IUP and also came away with a 10-6 win over Jefferson University. In the 23-4 blowout Zarley was three for four with three RBI and three runs scored. He had five more hits in the games against the Golden Knights, and was two for five with an RBI versus Jefferson. Cina leads the Warriors in homers with four, is hitting .414 and has a .828 slugging %.