Apr 08, 2018 | Dan Thompson | 245 views
College Round Up Week 8
* The Binghamton University Bearcats have won five in a row, the last three versus America East rival UMass-Lowell.
On Saturday in a 5-1 Bearcat victory Luke Tevlin was 2-3, then in a 10-2 drubbing on Sunday Luke had two more hits, an RBI and two runs scored. Luke has reached base safely in all five games during the recent Bearcat streak.
* The Youngstown State Penguins have won four of five. In a mid-week contest Drew Dickerson was 2-3 with an RBI and a run scored in a 9-7 win over the Eastern Michigan Eagles. That win propelled the Penguins to a Horizon Conference three game sweep of the UIC Flames. Drew had four hits, three runs and three RBI in the series. After a Friday night loss to Oakland University this past weekend, Dickerson followed up with three more hits in an 8-2 victory over the Grizzlies Saturday afternoon.
* Columbia State has won twelve straight and continue to be led by Elliott Curtis with his 49 hits, a .408 batting average and 50 RBI. Elliott smashed another homer this past week.
* The East Stroudsburg Warriors are 14-10. Zarley Cina has played in every game and is hitting .306 on the season. He has 30 hits including 7 doubles and 5 home runs.
* The Canisius Golden Griffins swept St. Peters University in MAAC Conference play in Buffalo over the weekend by scores of 16-2, 5-1 and 16-2. Terrier alumni Jacob Martins and Liam Wilson helped lead the offense in the series sweep. Jacob smacked six hits, scored four runs and had two RBI, while Liam also belted six hits, scored four times and cashed four RBI. The Griffs are 17-10.